Wisdom tooth removal
Are you worried about wisdom tooth pain and removal? Get your wisdom tooth removed without any pain and know the cost of wisdom tooth removal in India.
What are wisdom teeth?
Wisdom teeth are also known as third molars, they are totally four in number, found in the last segment of the jaw, two in the upper jaw and two in the lower jaw.
Why wisdom teeth impacted & giving pain?
These are the last set of teeth to erupt in the oral cavity, these teeth usually erupt in teenage or early twenties, however, they can erupt even after twenties approximately at the age of 17 -25.
Since these are the last teeth to erupt, mostly there is no enough space for these teeth to grow fully in the jaw. Because of which these teeth are impacted most of the time.
Due to the lack of space in the jaw sometimes these teeth erupt in an improper position and causing pain, decay, and spreading infection around gums and to the next natural tooth.
When no need to remove wisdom tooth?
- If the wisdom tooth is deeply placed inside the bone, which is not visible in the oral cavity and does not cause any pain or infection it is not indicated for removal.
- When the tooth erupts fully inside the mouth and covered by healthy gums and accessible for brushing.
Indications for wisdom tooth removal:
- Wisdom tooth erupts in an improper position and causing pain
- Infection and swollen gums
- Cheek biting
- Food impaction in gums covering the tooth
- Cavity formation
- Spreading of cavity or gum infection to the next healthy tooth
- Bleeding from gums covering the tooth
- Reduced mouth opening
- Pain on swallowing
- No opposing tooth, when it is not involved in chewing
- Gum impingement
- Foul breath because of infection and food accumulation
- Jaw pain and stiffness
How it is done?
- After a complete clinical and radiological examination local anesthesia is given to numb the area prior to the wisdom tooth removal.
- Most of us are worried about the anesthesia than the actual tooth removal, this is because everyone has a phobia for injections.
- Here at our clinic, the local anesthesia is given using a painless injection technique(STA system)
- Most of the time wisdom tooth will require a surgical removal.
- Surgical removal is a minor surgical procedure, which requires opening of the gums and removal bones covering the tooth and then the tooth is removed.
- After tooth removal the gums are closed with the help of sutures, which will be removed after 5-7 days.
- Here at our clinic, the removal of tooth is made completely painless and atraumatic using piezo(electric device)
Advantages of Piezo assisted tooth removal:
- Requires less or no removal of bone
- No injury to adjacent tissues
- Minimal bleeding
- No post operative pain and swelling
- Faster and better healing
- Certain simple instructions are to be followed, which our dentist will explain after the procedure.
- Above all taking Soft diet and medications for next 3 days is very important.
This is one of our patients photo, before wisdom tooth removal, she came with severe pain in right side jaw, which subsided after wisdom tooth removal.
Cost of wisdom tooth removal:
Cost of wisdom tooth removal in India range from 2000 – 10,000. The cost depends on the following factors,
- Amount of eruption: Fully erupted or partially erupted
- Tooth position : straight and angulated
- Amount of bone covering the tooth
- Density of bone covering the tooth
- Relation to important structures
For treatment videos: CLICK HERE