HomeCost of wisdom tooth removal in Chennai, India
Cost of wisdom tooth removal in Chennai, India
Date : 05/13/20
Worried about wisdom tooth removal? Here we are to help you…
- Wisdom teeth are also known as third molars, they are four in number, two in the upper jaw and two in the lower jaw.
- These are the last set of teeth to erupt in the oral cavity, these teeth usually erupt in teenage or early twenties, however they can erupt even after twenties.
- Since these are the last teeth to erupt, there is no enough space for these teeth in the jaw.
- Because of which these teeth are impacted most of the time.
- Due to the lack of space in the jaw sometimes these teeth erupt in an improper position.
- These abnormal position of the teeth can cause infection, inflammation, pain and damage to the surrounding tissues, which needs to be treated immediately.
- When a wisdom tooth is deeply placed inside the bone, which is not visible in the oral cavity and does not cause any pain or infection it is not indicated for removal.
Indications for wisdom tooth removal:
- When the tooth in impacted, causing pain
- Infection, pain and swelling
- Reduced mouth opening
- Bleeding from gums covering the tooth
- Causing damage to the next healthy tooth
- Erupting in wrong angle and position
- When food is getting trapped in that region
- No opposing tooth, when it is not involved in chewing
- Impinging on gums
- Cheek biting
How is it removed?
- After a complete clinical and radiological examination local anesthesia is given to numb the area prior to the wisdom tooth removal.
- Most of us are worried about the anesthesia than the actual tooth removal, this is because everyone has a phobia for injections.
- Here at our clinic, the local anesthesia is given using painless injection technique(STA system)
- Most of the time wisdom tooth will require a surgical removal.
- Surgical removal is a minor surgical procedure, which requires opening of the gums and removal bones covering the tooth and then the tooth is removed.
- After tooth removal the gums are closed with the help of sutures, which will be removed after 5-7 days.
- Here at our clinic, the removal of tooth is made completely painless and atraumatic using piezo(electric device)
Advantages of Piezo assisted tooth removal:
- Requires less or no removal of gums and bones
- No injury to adjacent tissues
- Reduced bleeding
- No post operative pain and swelling
- Faster and better healing
- Certain simple instructions are to be followed, which our dentist will explain after the procedure.
- Above all taking Soft diet and medications for next 3 days is very important.
This is one of our patients photo and x-ray before wisdom tooth removal, she came with severe pain in right side jaw, which subsided after wisdom tooth removal.
You tube link:
For further details
Call – 9840449777
Mail – email@example.com